Tuesday, 29 November 2011
Choc Chip Cupcakes
3oz caster sugar
3oz self-raising flour (I use Dove Gluten and Wheat Free Self-Raising Flour)
1 large egg
2oz milk chocolate chips (check to make sure they're gluten free)
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C (170 degrees C fan oven). Put 12 cupcake cases into a cupcake tray.
1. Cream together the sugar and margarine.
2. Break in the egg and mix with a fork until fully incorporated.
3. Sift in flour and fold into the mixture.
4. Stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Spoon mixture equally between the cupcake cases, and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 15 mins, until tops spring back when lightly depressed, and cocktail sticks inserted into middles come out clean. Allow to cool for a few minutes before eating.
The cakes keep for a few days in an airtight container, but in our experience they don't last long, as they're gobbled up!