Monday 9 January 2012

I'm still here!





I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Year.  Apologies for the huge gap since my last blog post. 

I think I wrote last time about having been diagnosed with a UTI and feeling very poorly.  Well after 2 courses of anti-biotics I still had awful abdominal pains so I went back to see the Dr again.  He sent an armful of blood to test me for everything under the sun, but they all came back normal.  So he sent me for a CT scan.  That came back normal too.  So 8 weeks of horrible pain, and we still couldn't find the cause. 

Christmas and New Year came and went.  We spent them quietly, at home, which made it easier for me, as even dinner at my mother-in-law's house for a couple of hours wiped me out.  So I've been given anti-spasmodics (the wonderful Buscopan that so many of my friends swear by) to try for a week.  Keeping everything crossed they work, as the next step is a colonoscopy, and I'd really rather avoid that if possible!

As well as neglecting the blog, I've also been neglecting the camera, and only doing the bare minimum cooking-wise, but I'm feeling a bit brighter this week, so hoping to get back into the swing of things.  I'm not one for New Year's resolutions, but I do have a good feeling about this year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment